December 9, 2010

My oversized truck

Today in staff team we were talking about jealousy. Every time Jeff sees an F150 or an Fx4 or whatever those huge trucks are called, he gets jealous. I immediately knew what my "truck" is - a nice camera. I love photography and taking pictures and really want an SLR camera that I can learn to shoot manually, but start out just taking great pictures with not much effort. I don't even really know what to call that kind of camera or if that's right so that's kind of sad. But I originally wanted a Nikon D40 when they had that commercial about "Picturetown" where Nikon handed out cameras to everyone in the town in order to prove that anyone can take great pictures with their camera. Another camera in the running is a Canon Rebel - what my photographer started out with...she's awesome and has recommended that camera so it must be great. Why do I bring this up? Because in the past week, THREEEEE close people around me have gotten the camera!! What the heck. The problem with this is that I really don't like trends, and I don't like it when people take my ideas - so this kind of falls into that category of "I wanted it first so now if I get it it's not as special." I almost bought the camera this summer, but had so many other things I wanted to buy, and ended up buying a sweet waterproof camera instead (which is currently broken and needs to be fixed....sad). I love islands, and want to take beautiful pictures of beaches, so I wish that I had the camera last year when I went to Aruba and Curacao, so I was thinking I'd want it for Jamaica, but that it'd be a bad idea cause all I'd want to do on our honeymoon is take pictures. So I decided that I'll wait until we go to St. John for our 5 year anniversary trip (this is my dream - hopefully Whit catches on soon) and buy one before we go if I don't have one already. Or if I'm going anywhere awesome in the next few years maybe I'll buy one then....or if we get a puppy. So now you know my weakness...and what I'm struggling with as everywhere I look people are learning how to use the sweet camera that I wanted to be cool and original with! Guess I'll just have to take a humble pill and just get the camera when it's appropriate for my life, not to just be cool - hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment