March 14, 2011

The Bachelor and Cookies & Cream Cupcakes

This is not a domestic, recipe-posting blog (mainly because I'm not very domestic and don't cook that much), but I had to show you these delicious goodies!
Introducing Cookies & Cream cupcakes! I saw them on a friend's blog and thought about making them for Valentine's Day, but when we went out instead I kept waiting for a good occasion to make them. I decided I would make them for the Bachelor finale.
Aren't Brad & Emily just the cutest?? I knew he would pick her...he just had to! He was so obviously in love with her...you could easily tell by the way he looked at her, got nervous around her, gave her romantic dates, and did special things like breaking the rules for her. I hope they end up getting married...they are soooo cute!! Okay, here's the recipe for the cupcakes!

Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
(Makes 12 - don't worry, they are pretty intense, so 12 is plenty!)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
10 oreos, crushed

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together until fluffy. Add vanilla.
3. Combine flour and baking powder in another bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Add milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Add the crushed oreos to the batter.
4. Pour into cupcake tins and bake for 20-25 min at 350. Let cool, then frost.


Cookies & Cream Frosting
(Original recipe is doubled)

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 - 1 lb powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3-4+ tablespoons milk
5 oreos, crushed

1. Mix butter and powdered sugar together, adding sugar gradually to the mix.
2. Add vanilla.
3. Mix in milk 1 teaspoon at a time, adding more if needed. Continue to add milk and sugar until desired consistency is reached. (Recipe calls for 1/2 - 1 teaspoon. I used about 4 and it was still pretty thick.)
4. Add crushed oreos and fold them into the frosting. Maybe you can get a better consistency frosting than I did, but it wasn't very sticky, so I actually ended up smooshing the frosting onto the cupcakes with my hands, which worked pretty well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment