June 17, 2011

The Beach!

The story of our vacation to St. Mary's, Georgia. It was our first vacation as a married couple besides the honeymoon - just us two!! It was so fun to be able to do whatever we wanted to do and not worry about anyone else's plans.
I couldn't resist these beautiful peonies. Unfortunately they died in two days due to the heat. :/
We stayed at my parents' house in St. Marys. This is the beautiful backyard on the 4th hole.We played at Fernandina Beach in Amelia Island. We had a lot of fun crashing about in the waves on this float.Downtown Amelia Island. We got dinner one night at "Toppings," a pizza restaurant. The girl rang us up for one SLICE of pizza instead of one pie. Our bill was cheap but they let it go. Then about ten minutes later this woman wearing a cami and had her hair in a bun comes over to us and explains. She's the manager and wasn't even working, just happened to be nearby. The two girls working the register called her in because they were too scared to come out and tell us that they rang us up wrong and we needed to pay more money (about twenty bucks more - lame). We thought it was hilarious that she described the cashier as "brand new...we hired her out of emergency." Ohh maybe you should have just gone without someone instead of hiring someone fairly incompetent. Oh well, it's the beach who cares. They made up for it by bringing us two beers since they had to teach the new girl how to work the tap. OH and our white sauce hawaiian pizza and sweet potato fries were DELICIOUS.This picture shows but a fraction of the seagulls we saw throughout the week. The first day I had a traumatic experience when Whit thought it was funny to throw food to the birds after I begged him not to. This resulted in not him but me being chased by the enormous flock of 60 seagulls (no kidding - I counted them after the fact). I ran to the water and cowered as I protected my pepperoni sub. It was quite hilarious but I also did not appreciate it at all. Fortunately now I am back on good terms with the gulls. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment