August 26, 2011

Various Interesting Things

Today was quite an eventful day. Several strange things have happened that I would like to share.


1. Almost Passing Out
First, I was weeding the garden, being put to work like a true Jackson family member. I've never been one to do many chores, much like yard work, so it already a bit of a stretch out my comfort zone (before knowing where I'd be weeding, I asked Whit to show me what I would need to pull because I didn't know if there would be many small green plants that I didn't know if they were weeds or not. It ended up just being bushes, so Whit took me outside and pointed to them saying "this...is NOT a weed, this...is a weed." Haha very funny). I did take a break in the middle after seeing an inch-long brown spider - yuck. I came inside after finding what I thought were a couple of buried eggs. After poking them around, Whit decided they were a fungus and said not to worry about them. Umm, why do I not worry about them?? It's a FUNGUS! It was extremely humid today and I got pretty light-headed every time I would stand up to toss the weeds aside. I didn't think too much of it because I black out not too infrequently. However, I stood up and felt like I might pass out so I reached my hand out to a tree and then my whole body went tingly. After that I recovered inside by eating lunch, watching the office, and drinking 4 or 5 glasses of water to re-hydrate.


2. Sandy Clothes
Next, I went to get my laundry out of the washer. The Jacksons have well water and every so often they have to add neutralizer to it to balance the pH. This produces a grainy sand in the water for the first 24 hours. They did this last week; they ran the laundry a few times to get rid of the sand and we didn't drink water out of the tap all day. Well, the past couple of days I've thought the water out of the sink tasted strange in our bathroom. Today, the sand substance came out again a couple of times while I was washing my hands! It should have been gone since last Sunday. Well, when I went to get my laundry out of the wash, I picked up one thing, a pair of shorts, and it was covered in sand! I described it to Whit as being "10% covered in sand." The rest of my clothes were just as bad. It was about as bad as if you had taken all my stuff into the ocean and then dropped it in the sand. I didn't know what to do so I put my clothes in the dryer hoping it would get rid of the sand. We'll see what happens.  


3. Stafford & Kerry's Rehearsal
This isn't very strange, but it was another eventful part of the day! Their rehearsal dinner was great, they had a ton of friends and family there and tons of people gave toasts. It was really neat to see the impact that Stafford and Kerry have had on other people's lives. They have some really great friends and it's really cool to see how God has blessed them in that way since they are also very loyal to their friends. One thing that was interesting though, was that all of their sisters (4; 2 on each side) put on kind of a show for them. They made up a song and sang it, had a game for them and their dads, and then said something sweet at the end. It was awesome. 


4. Weird Throat Thing
My throat hurts, which I think is kind of weird, but I'm not going to go into detail about that, though it has been a strange part of my day.


5. Driving Without Headlights
I drove the entire way on 295 from Short Pump to the 95 exit with no headlights. A couple of people flashed their lights at me but I thought it was for other reasons (like merging or just being creepy). Then I got on the exit where not as many cars were and thought, hey it's pretty dark - oh my gosh! Apparently Whit did the same thing the other night. Sneaky Lexus!! 


Hopefully tomorrow is more normal. Though it will probably still be eventful due to the hurricane and the Craymer wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment