April 3, 2011

Full Weekend

This weekend was so fun! Friday was pretty laid back, but the rest of the weekend was full of fun things. Saturday I met Nicole for lunch at the Cellar. It was so good to see her and catch up! :) While we were eating I was watching the weather outside through the window. It was the weirdest weather I have ever seen! It was 45 degrees and snowing. But not just snowing, going back and forth between rain and snow (with no slushy mix). To top that, later in the day it rained while the sun was out! What a freak day. At least near the end of the day I got to see a full rainbow all the way across the sky! I don't think I've ever seen both sides of a rainbow before. St. Patrick's Day must be coming a little late this year. After hanging out with Nicole, Whit and I headed up the mountains for Chateau Morisette. I went once with girlfriends in the fall, but I knew it would make a great date for a chilly day. We got to take a free tour. I didn't learn as much as last time, but I got to see a lot more of the factory. Our adorable tour guide, "Mr Magoo!"Love the rafters!The wine tasting was great! I had the same wines as the last time I went, when I had never really had any wine before. This time, I completely surprised myself by drinking every red wine - and not being thoroughly disgusted by the smell of each. Whit thinks it's good that I like red wine, and maybe he's right, but I'm still disappointed that I can drink stuff that I used to think smelled like easter egg dye (and probably still does). We left with a bottle of red (Whit's excited that I will finally drink it with him) and two jars of jam made out of wine! It is so good! A quick stop in Floyd! What I found? A super cute camping knife in my favorite color! (I'll have to sneak it in our bags when we go...Whit doesn't think it's exactly camping material...I don't understand.) Maybe one day my kitchen can be entirely turquoise...






We'll have to go back sometime during the day to look at some awesome artwork (the store hours are actually "Wednesday afternoons, Thursday afternoons & evenings, and Saturday 11-3"). There is a gigantic painting of a blue whale that I want to get for our non-existant aquarium room, a
more reasonable size painting of jungle monkeys, and a realistic potential buy of a beautiful beach.

Sunday was a great day too. The weather was much nicer, and we got to hang out with Jamie and Kevin. I hadn't seen Jamie in what seemed like forever so it was really good to catch up! We ate at Moe's and then later played the classic game of Nerts.


Next weekend will also be packed with fun activities and people - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment