April 29, 2011

New Camera!

I finally have my camera!! It came on Wednesday and we got here Thursday right before Cru. I spent the night reading through the manual to make sure I knew where everything was. Surprisingly, after that short prep time, I know how to do all the basics now! I was worried that it would be confusing because every time I checked out the camera in the store it seemed complicated. But after reading where everything is, it's very easy.

Yesterday I took my new friend out on the drillfield to test it out! I LOVE how bright the pictures are! And how easy it was to switch from auto to manual! Although I'm feeling very noob right now because it seems too easy - and I always hear photographers say there's always more to learn. So at least I feel like I have a good start and don't feel too intimidated to try. And I did have some difficulty trying to use the meter to get a better exposure, but it will be so fun to learn everything! Okay, now you can look at the pictures! (I can't really take credit for these first two because I was still cruising in auto mode at this point - but I LOVE the colors so I had to show them!!)Favorite!Testing out aperture settings. :)I took this one for Whit because he loves flowy water shots. (PS The NEX no-shake feature is AWESOME)So bright & vivid (*double rainbow reference)Yay what a fun day! I can't wait to try it out more!
I was feeling so inspired that I came home, went to the grocery store, and made dinner! We had baked chicken parmesan (thanks Jess for the recipe!!), noodles, bread, and the wine we bought from Chateau Morisette a few weeks ago. Right before we started eating, I remembered that I have my new camera and could take pictures of our food, so I did!YUM.
Hope you have a great Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment