July 2, 2011

Road Trip

So I haven't updated this thing in awhile but it was because I was busy taking two seminary classes. We had our last day of class yesterday and we still have to take a test on Tuesday, but both of our projects are turned in! YES!! I haven't been so happy it was Friday in a long time. I really enjoyed both classes, but they were very time-consuming. We (by we I mean all new staff) took Intro to Christian Theology, where we briefly studied all major doctrines, as well as the CCC statement of faith. I think that class was my favorite because we got to study deep things! I love studying theology and I miss learning so I really liked doing all the reading and listening to the lectures. The other class we took was Bible Study Methods. It's meant to help you prepare (aka write) Bible studies, so I wasn't think I was going to like it very much because I won't be leading a Bible study next year. However, the "methods" we learned will also be very helpful in my own personal study. We wrote a Bible study, but before that we summarized the book (Ephesians), and surveyed the context, observed, interpreted, and applied the passage (Eph 2:1-10) to our lives. It was really great to get an in-depth Bible study and learn new techniques!

Okay, on to our road trip! I can't believe how busy we were before this - we completely moved out of our house, drove to Baltimore, and went to THREE Phish concerts (in 2 cities!!). Fortunately we got some good grilled cheese every night to keep us going. ;) So we got back from the last concert at about 12:00 (after trying to chase down the bus that we thought the band was riding in) and left the next morning at 8:30am. We meant to leave at 8, but we were pretty darn close. We rented a Chevy Malibu so as to not put a million miles on either of our cars, have the chance of Whit's breaking down, lose tons of money due to my horrible gas mileage, and have AC (the jeep's AC is pretty weak). One main reason we drove instead of flying is that Whit doesn't have a laptop now, and he needed his computer (desktop) for class and since we'll be here for 6 weeks.

Anyways, it was a really fun trip! I love road trips, and am ALWAYS sad when they are over, no matter how long they are! Even this one! Whit was getting a little antsy at the end - we were stopping for dinner at about 8pm in Cheyenne, which is 1 hour from Ft. Collins. We were too hungry to wait to get dinner there because it was really 10pm our time (or 9 I guess, depending on the adjustment). We really wanted something other than nasty fast food and kept waiting for something other than McDonald's or Subway (or Taco John's). We looked up a Chick Fil A on the good ol' Droid, and it took us forever to find it! Why? Because it was in the mall!! Ugh, don't you hate it when that happens?? Since we had already spent so much time, we stuck with our plan and got delicious CFA. It turned out to be the right move because right next to CFA was a PUPPY STORE!!! We got to see a cat, which was a requirement I set upon our trip that we had to accomplish before we reached Ft. Collins. So it was worth it. Anyway, Whit was so ready to get to our dorm, but I secretly didn't want to be there yet. It's just how it is. Unless I'm going to Aruba...then I want to arrive at my destination asap.

So, even though we didn't get to stop anywhere cool (except a brief stop at an old Pony Express station - if you don't know what that is (I didn't), it's how they delivered mail quickly back in the days of the Oregon Trail. They had super fast horses and switched off at these stations) I really enjoyed our trip. And I'd do it again! Oh wait, I have to anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the drive went well! I love road trips too :) Sometimes traveling is part of the fun of the trip. ...your drive was to Colorado, right? I'm guessing you'll be there until sometime is August- when you get back let me know so we can try to meet up before I leave! How far is your new home from Richmond?

    ReplyDelete