February 3, 2012

Fun Things Friday

Happy Friday! Whit and I have been traveling for the past week (and the week before did 3 day trips) so we are EXCITED FOR FRIDAY because it's our day off!! Hooray! I have a big agenda today to do a lot of fun things and accomplish personal life things. Unfortunately this morning I had to use some of my time trying to edit privacy settings on facebook. You know what is NOT fun? Posting a new photo album and having one person (or three people) completely dominate it with spam in the form of liking almost every single photo. When will people learn that is not an acceptable facebook practice? On the other hand, my actual friends almost never like my photos which is frustrating as well. What gives?! 

Anyways, the main point of this post was to say that we got an apartment!!! (As I write this I realize that I would much rather tell my friends this news in person, and I don't even know who all reads this, but it's primarily just an outlet for me so I suppose this is more of a journal-form announcement. Also, that last sentence was entirely for my sake as well so just disregard this little parenthesis ramble.) Caveat: we still have to send in some deposits (they want like three...go figure), but once we do we will have an apartment!!! Woohoo!! We will move in March 17, regardless of if all our support is raised. We are SO. EXCITED. We can't wait to have our own place again!! We have some friends buying houses or shopping for houses, but I honestly don't care about buying a house at all. I just want a place that is entirely ours! (Aka not my in-laws'.) But, we do want to be able to begin working shortly after moving up there, so please pray with us that we will finish our monthly support needs (we already finished our one-time needs!! thank you Jesus!!) by March 17. 

I keep daydreaming about our place...having a living room that's ours again, getting to use our sound system, hopefully buying a Ragdoll kitten soon after we move, having a workout center in our neighborhood, taking walks, getting to know the area, how to decorate our second bedroom, etc. We ended up deciding to get the apartment in a short period of time after we found out we could get a better apartment than the one we had decided on! If that didn't make sense, I will rephrase: Whit and I talked and agreed upon an apartment complex. The only major problem with the apartment was that it had little storage space and we weren't sure where we would fit all of our things. I had been emailing our contact lady there and asking for a quote for a 2 bedroom apt since of just 1 bedroom with den. The day after we decided to go with that complex, she finally emailed me a quote for a 2 bedroom. It. was. PERFECT! It had 130 more square feet, was on the first floor (so we can use our sound system), started in mid-March instead of the beginning of March (so we have more time to raise support), had a second bathroom (half-bath in the master :)), and was only a little bit more money! We had to decide if we wanted it within 48 hours so we prayed about it, but were assured because we had already had so many people praying we would find the right place that we knew this was it! We had a hectic time trying to send them everything they needed within the 48-hour period (see Friday's post), but it all worked out, thanks to God. We both feel SO much better now that we know we will be moving in a month and a half. Yippee!! So I have been on the lookout for Ragdoll kittens that will be available around that time, dreaming about a trip to Ikea, oh and let me know if you know anyone that can help us move out of our storage unit in Baltimore on the 17th! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting an apartment!! That's so exciting that you get to have your own place again! And in just a few weeks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were not only able to decide on an apartment, but that and even better deal worked out! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete