February 20, 2012

Winter Wonderland

I thought I was going to have to go a whole other year without getting ANY snow!! The huge blizzards that happened a couple years ago were right in the middle of when I was living in Venezuela. What poor timing!! I missed out on what might have been my only white Christmas. On the other hand, when y'all were digging yourselves out of feet of snow piled on cars and doorsteps, I was happily wearing tank tops and shorts...and I think one day I made it out to the water park. (P.S. This is the reason that if I could I would change Christmas to be at the end of February instead of the end of December...then we could have ALL winter to happily enjoy Christmas carols, shopping, and parties...and ACTUALLY be hopeful for getting a white Christmas.)

Anyways, I was SOOO happy and thankful to get a bunch of snow last night!!! I had been dying to take pictures of snow since I have my good camera now. However, I learned that it's not as easy as you might think to take snow pictures, especially while it's actually snowing. It's freezing, and you have limited time because your camera is slowly collecting water drops. I fortunately got some good ones though! I could have taken more this morning when it wasn't snowing but still accumulated, but didn't get out because we didn't have power and I was too busy snuggling with my husband.


i had to take another ring shot in the same holly bushes I used before, only now covered in pretty snow & ice


more now ringless berries





this was the view from our room last night - wish i could have gotten a better shot but it's tough to do outside of a window :/

this was the most calm, beautiful place last night

you can't tell, but it really was snowing a lot during all these pictures!

i determined this is the biggest tree i have ever seen

all lit up :)

i've never been a fan of silhouette shots or taken one before, but this was fun!

the pretty driveway

isn't this the most beautiful place??


2 comments:

  1. "all lit up" is AWARD winning!!!

    Guess that was made BEFORE the power went off!

    Beautiful snow ... thankful for the your blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these snowy pictures! My favorites are the 8th, 11th, and the last :)

    ReplyDelete