September 5, 2011

Childhood + Beanies

I've been going through boxes of old stuff from my childhood, trying to consolidate since my parents are getting ready to move. I've found a lot of hilarious reminders, like my binder of pokemon cards, an entire folder of songs my cousin and I wrote, and how obsessed I was with animals and preventing pollution. The most fun thing was probably finding all my Beanie Babies! 

Between my brother and I, we had almost sixty. 
Don't know why this is sideways or how to change it.

My parents are letting us keep half of them to save for when they have grandkids. I think it's a good deal because I feel accomplished cleaning some out, but we still get to keep all our favorites. My favorite?

Definitely Bongo the monkey. I decided to take a little portrait of him, hahah.


I also LOVE these teeny ones from McDonald's!

Did you collect Beanie Babies? Do you still have them? Remember how everyone thought it was a great investment to collect them because they'd be worth a ton of money later? I don't think it's that time yet, but hopefully I can still sell the ones we want to get rid of.

Bonus: Here's another fun picture. This was my favorite stuffed animal, Todd. He was so cool - he had a beanie butt so he could sit up on his own. So cute. Too bad his head fell off. I think it's time to say goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. Haha I loved Beanie Babies, but I only had about nine. My favorite was Rover, a red dog that was one of the first ones. I also collected the mini ones from MacDo; still have those because they are so cute.

    Good memories!

    JF

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah I had forgotten about Beanie Babies! We had Bongo too! I wonder where all of them are now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking news...Evan has a tote full of beanies in L'burg! You guys definitely had more than 60!!!

    ReplyDelete