September 1, 2011

No Books Today

Lately I've been feeling like I'm just stuck inside all day. We're in a weird schedule now where we work in the mornings and then again at night, so we have a weird chunk of time in the afternoon that I often feel like I can't do anything with. So tonight we decided to go out shopping for a bit after dinner. The plan was to go to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a fan for my computer, because it's been shutting down due to overheating (lame). We couldn't find BB&B, but we saw Borders...and noticed that they were going out of business. 

I'm normally not a huge Borders fan, but everything in the store was 60-80% off!! Real stuff for that cheap! Hah! Normally stuff that's on sale that much is crappy stuff. Fortunately the sale hadn't been going on for too long because there was a decent selection of stuff left. So what kind of deals did I get?? None!! Surprise! Normally I would have bought 4 things just because they were cheap, but I couldn't find anything I REALLY wanted. It's not worth it to buy something just because it's on sale because "it will be something that just sits on your shelf and cost you $5 instead of something not sitting on your shelf that costs $20." At least that's how Whit put it. 

I like how he thinks about budgeting and spending and his habits have influenced me to be more cautious with what I buy. A lot of it is also due to the fact that I have a budget for personal spending money and I try to save every penny I can because if I buy something lame now that's less money I'll have for something I really want later. So thanks Whit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment