January 28, 2011

The Endless Snack

For our staff Christmas party the first week of December, Whit and I were supposed to bring a few things, including 2 large jars of salsa. I picked out the salsa and I was planning on buying one of those standard jars of El Paso. It seemed "large" to me. I picked up the jars but then noticed an even bigger size. I'm not talking large, I mean GIANT. We were buying for Lisa's chili recipe, and I really had no idea what the salsa was going to be used for, or what other people's definitions of large are, so I erred on the large side and bought two gigante salsas. Turns out I definitely should've just gotten the regular size ones. Lisa was nice and gave Whit and I the leftover salsas to take home since we had bought them. So here we are with two huge things of salsa. The biggest worry on our mind is - "how are we going to eat all of this?" and "we have to finish the salsa!" So we started with the bag of tortilla chips we currently owned, and immediately decided to always have a bag on hand. We were already going through a chips and salsa ratio dilemma of "how can we get it so that we have no extra salsa AND no extra chips?" This only added an additional challenge. Since then, we have been eating chips and salsa at literally every meal (lunch and dinner) except maybe a few times. It is getting out of control. The morale of the story is: 1) please come over and help us finish the chips and salsa and 2) I think I am developing serious stomach problems as a result of the large salsa intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment