January 28, 2011

It just might be possible...

...that Krispy Kreme is not ALL bad. This is why:
Forever I have loved Dunkin Donuts wholeheartedly, and hated Krispy Kreme to the same extent. It all started with my Krispy Kreme donut - at church one Sunday. I looked across the table of donuts and despite there being 15 boxes of donuts, they were ALL THE SAME. Just glazed. Nothing fancy, special, exciting, or delicious. Oh but Dunkin Donuts. CAKE-based donuts. SO many varieties and options to choose from! At Krispy Kreme you can have glazed, chocolate glazed, or maybe if you're lucky chocolate glazed with sprinkles. But at Dunkin Donuts they do have glazed and chocolate glazed, but they also have cinnamon, powdered, blueberry, just plain cake, chocolate, chocolate glazed, or even creme filled (if you're gross). But I spontaneously bought a box of Krispy Kreme chocolate glazed donuts today at Wal-Mart, probably because I was in a rush and didn't have enough time to talk myself out of it. I bought them for tomorrow morning to make our 3 hour long staff meeting happier. I ate one donut tonight and was persuaded that maybe, just maybe Krispy Kreme is not all that bad.
(Note: This post is dedicated to Sarah Booth, who also pledges allegiance to the best Donut company there is)

No comments:

Post a Comment