May 3, 2011

Fabulous Night

Tonight we welcomed summer in the perfect way.

We had decided to go for a run together, and just as we got ready to walk out the door, it started raining. We decided to make it an adventure, and just ran in the rain. I have been wanting to get caught in a downpour for awhile (it hasn't happened :() so I really enjoyed getting soaked. It felt so refreshing, but was a bit chilly. We hadn't ever run together before, and I'd always wanted to, so I crossed two things off my list tonight. Also bonus that my ipod didn't break even though it had the potential to get soaking wet. I cooked my new all-time favorite meal. I love these bright colors together! Strawberries photograph well. :) When Mexican is in the mix, you can't disappoint me.


MMM salsa!Yum yum yummy homemade cinnamon tortilla chips. New fave.


This meal was incredible! Seriously the perfect summer atmosphere. Fish tacos, delicious chips and salsa, coronas with lime, sitting out on the porch in the candlelight watching the rain admist the beautiful green colors of spring, listening to chill music. I don't think it gets more summer than that (unless our view was the ocean and we had sand stuck in our toes).
Please let me make these for you sometime! I'll take any excuse!
...or you could come hang out on our back porch and eat this yummy snack.
Such a beautiful night!
With my love! He even danced with me! (After making fun of me for getting my groove on to some of my favorite funky tunes.)
So thankful for my wedding because I get to keep these beautiful lanterns!

4 comments:

  1. Emma J Wilson5/4/11, 12:18 AM

    this is really cute :) and homemade tortilla chips are always the best! but i'll pass on the fish tacos lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome night! I love summer <3 ...do you add avacado to your salsa? I've never done that before, but it sounds awesome, kinda like a mix b/w salsa & guacamole. Fish tacos are delicious too- if we lived closer, I'd take you up on that offer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome to see our still newly weds so happy!!! Love you both!! Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydney! we are like twins haha. Adam and I got caught in a downpour and we ended up running together (something i've always wanted too) annnnnd that straw-avocado salsa, It's from cooking light right? cause I totally just made that last week and loved it too!!! sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete