May 5, 2011

Splash of Color

Good morning! Okay I know some of you will be reading this tonight after I post it, but these colors are so bright and vibrant it just feels way more like daytime! After I graduated college I made a pact with myself that I would always have fresh flowers in my home. I decided this before I went to Venezuela, where I thought there would be fresh flowers everywhere. I was so wrong - there wasn't even fresh fruit anywhere. Oh well, the joys of living in a city in a third-world country. I tried to get flowers from the farmer's market on Saturday and the flower guy wasn't there! I went back Wednesday hoping to be able to buy some stems (not planters) and nada. Whatever happened to being able to buy a few stems for a few bucks? Come on. I have noted that recently Katelyn James has been making these AWESOME bouquets and buying the flowers for them from Ukrop's (still can't call it Martin's). I've noticed flowers in Kroger before but wasn't sure if they had a whole flower section....well they do! I bought three types and they were all 3 for $12. Best twelve bucks I've spent in awhile! This purchase brightened my day so much! I mean, made. my. day. I LOVE bright colors and having fresh flowers is just so refreshing. So enjoy these cheery buds on a chilly spring night!




PS I can't handle this whole being-at-work-at-9-two-days-in-a-row thing. When am I supposed to shower??? (We didn't get home tonight until 8! And I definitely didn't think about showering until 5 minutes ago. And it's about time. Ugh)

1 comment:

  1. I love the flower color combination and the lattice background is awesome!!!
    Remember your book, Big Bird brings Spring to Sesame Street? He bought flowers for everyone in the winter to brighten their day...this must be where you got it from! ;)

    ReplyDelete