March 14, 2012

Dallas

This weekend we got to go to Dallas, Texas to see our friend Adam get married. Whit was the best man, which was really cool because Adam was also the best man in our wedding. Sometimes when Whit's friends get married I don't know them as well, so it's still exciting but less personal. I've known Adam since before I started dating Whit though (he used to accompany Whit and I when we wanted to hang out but didn't want it to just be the two of us...SO gracious!), so it was really cool to get to be there for his wedding too. I've met Liz a couple of times but am excited to get to know her better over the coming years. :) 

A lot of our friends were there even though we were mostly coming from the east coast. I loved getting to see everyone, especially since I really felt like I knew everyone that was there (as opposed to not feeling super comfortable with everyone). I love that weddings connect friends but wish we got to see them more often. :) Oh! And can you believe that seriously the three days we were there it was actually colder there than here?? Give me a break. Oh well, it's summer weather now so I am lovin' it! (Umm...and we move in TWO DAYS!!!!! HOOOORAY!)

Here's a little recap (Sorry, I didn't take ANY pictures of the other times we hung out not at the wedding...I should have.)

Whit being handsome :) Oh yeah and Adam waiting for his bride ;)

Liz - so happy!

Adorable (Oh and this venue felt so pride & prejudice...it was rainy and so pretty)

married!

friends!

Liz & her dad did an awesome choreographed dance routine

They played the shoe game (someone asks a question like who is the best cook, or whose family is crazier, and the bride & groom have to choose one or the other without knowing what their spouse chose. it's a pretty funny game!)

Whit giving an awesome toast

Oh did I tell you Dre showed up? Spontaneously. He took it to the next level.

Us with Adam (haha he was overcompensating for having his eyes closed for the other 3 pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment