February 15, 2011

Anniversary!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Whit and I celebrated 4 years of being together yesterday! We started dating on Valentine's Day my freshman year, in 2007. I can't believe we've been together 4 years already! And now we've been married for three months! A quarter of a year! ;) Seriously - time flies with Whit because we have so much fun together! I love being with him - he makes me so happy, feel so special, and is just really great to be around. To celebrate our love and relationship, I made him a book on Shutterfly with all the places we've been together over the years (well, a lot of places). It was really cool to see places we've been to multiple times together (like Sinkland farms and Dicken's Christmas).

For Valentine's Day, Whit took me to Sal's Italian restaurant only two minutes from our house. It sounds shady, but it's actually this really nice local restaurant decorated to look like Italy, at least, it is romantic...and I felt like it was authentic! Instead of waiting at the door, we sat the bar and ordered nice mixed drinks with top-shelf liquors (or middle shelf? I don't know) - Whit got a Jack and coke and I got mine with Maker's Mark. It was a fun splurge and we enjoyed the time sitting together. We ended up blowing a ton of money on the drinks (we thought they'd be like half the price they were), but it was okay because we had just gotten $20 from his grandparents! Don't tell them what we spent the money on... haha ;) After dinner we chilled at home with sparkling wine (I added a strawberry to mine!) and we watched our wedding video for the first time! It was such a romantic night and an excellent date with my loving husband! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment