February 24, 2011

Rainy Day

I went to the dentist this morning to get a filling fixed that my dentist over the summer didn't do well enough which made my tooth really sensitive. I really like the dentist that I found here in Blacksburg - especially the dental hygenist I had, who did the plaque scraping so carefully that it never hurt my gums! Gold star. But today I had to get two shots of novocaine because the first didn't numb the spot enough. I wonder if he had waited longer if it would've worked...he seemed a little anxious to just give me another shot, but whatever. It didn't bother me but when I checked out I noticed that my whole left side of my face up to my eye was numb! Ugh. I checked with the nurse to make sure it was okay and then went shopping to alleviate the blehness of having half your face be numb. I was also kind of cold/nervous or something and when I got in the car I was shaking too. I was already planning on going shopping because I have a bunch of personal spending money left for the month, but going to the dentist before made it so much more meaningful. I felt like a jerk/freak in the stores though because I could only half-smile to say hello and looked weird talking so I tried not to that much. I liked a lot of things but only bought a couple things I really wanted. I want to buy all this chill stylish stuff from AE but I kind of need to buy nice stuff for work next year instead of just stuff to wear this summer. But we'll see. I am so ready to chill and watch like 10 episdoes of Friends haha. Well I'll probably get some more stuff done than that, but it will be nice to relax. I am also SO hungry but my mouth is not anywhere near being feelable again. I got the shots over 3 hours ago but my mouth still feels so big - it's getting to the point where it kind of hurts, just cause it's so annoying. At least the top of my face is un-numb now. It was really annoying my eye when I would close it hard because my face would be all tingly. That is the story of my rainy day. I am really hoping Whit will want to take me to El Mariachi later...I am craving it because I'm so hungry and it would make me feel better. :)

Edit: Whit did take me to El Mariachi's AND I made strawberry cupcakes! Great upward turn for my day! :)

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't sure if you were intending this to be funny or not, but ...... I'm rolling in the floor!!!! I love your descriptions...so accurate!
    You didn't have this much trouble when you had all four wisdom teeth out, did you?!!
    Thanks for the amusement. One more reason to cut back on sweets and brush/floss! :)

    fyi - I always come home and sleep off the novacaine. Strawberry cupcakes sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete