February 6, 2011

Nerdy

Whit and I had a truly nerdy night last night. We went to the Breakzone in Squires and bowled one game (we did great - both got over 100!) and then played chess! They have this lounge with a bunch of tables and you can borrow chess, checkers, or backgammon pieces. I had only played once before so Whit taught me and it's my new favorite game! Hah! He said I surprised him with the number of his pieces I captured for it being my first time playing. We played another game and I got him into "check" twice! I think if I play a lot we could be a pretty equal match (or I could cream him) but for now his brain is much better at figuring out how to win. To be even cooler, we came home and played Set and a few rounds of Monopoly Deal, and then fell asleep on the couch watching Wild China. Maybe we are nerds, but I loved our night last night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment