February 7, 2011

What superbowl?

Last night felt so weird because I didn't have a major superbowl party to go to! Every since since 6th grade there's been some big thing - that's 11 years of superbowl parties! The Highfields decided not to host a big party for Cru, and the outreach team couldn't gather enough houses to do one either, so everyone was left to fend for themselves. I didn't know of any one big party, but Whit was invited to one with some guys he knew and their friends. I skipped the first half because I have never watched the game before anyway - it's all about the social scene, and since this year there wasn't really one, I just skipped it. Halfway through I decided I didn't want this to be the first year I missed the superbowl, so I went and hung out with Whit and the students. It was pretty fun and I ended up knowing a couple of people already, and everyone else was friendly. Anyways, the real reason I wanted to go was because for the first time in history, I had finally had a side to cheer for! Well, in this case, I was cheering AGAINST a side - the Steelers! Since Whit and I are moving to Philly next year, my new (well first and only) team is the Eagles! (Actually, my dad was born in Philadelphia so he has always been an Eagles fan and I kind of have been too, just never really cared that much either way.) So I cheered for the Packers so that Steelers would lose - and my wish came true! So I guess I'm one for one for my team (aka the one I'm currently cheering for) winning in the superbowl! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment