February 26, 2011

The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved

...is you! and me!

I picked up Beth Moore's devotional guide for the book of John today and I'm SO excited to read it! The main idea to take away from the book as you study it is that the most important thing to John was the fact that Jesus loved him. Whenever I would read John's description of himself in the Bible, I thought it was conceited - "Jesus loved ME the most." Now I understand that that isn't at all what he meant by calling himself the "beloved disciple." He referred to himself as that because it was the most defining quality about him - nothing else was as important to him as Jesus' love for him. I think this study will be so great for me as I learn to also treasure Jesus' love for me more than anything else. If I understand how much He loves me, my life will be so much better because I won't care what other people think or what happens to me! I can't wait for the adventure ahead of discovering Jesus' love for me - that I'm the disciple whom Jesus loved! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment