February 12, 2011

That Was Easy

Wow! Have you ever gotten great customer service? It is really rare to come by! A couple of weeks ago I sent in a postcard for a free trial issue for a new travel magazine, Afar. Yesterday I got the bill in the mail for the first year's subscription! It made me angry because it was a scam - I had no idea I was signing up for one year, I thought I was just signing up for one issue. I was nervous about calling customer service because I was sure I would get the "oh well you didn't know, sorry, send us the bill promptly!" Instead, I was pleasantly surprised! Instead I got "ohh I'm sorry, you got the trial subscription. I will cancel that immediately. You'll get one issue free and then if you get any bills after that just disregard them." AWESOME! Thank you lady, for understanding that I just wanted something free without any consequences. :) (Also, I didn't have to "hold" at all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment