October 21, 2011

Dry Erase Crafts

I have seen so many fun crafts on Pinterest that I broke down and finally did some. I wasn't in huge need of the final product, but I wanted something fun to do while Whit was out of town! 
The first you have probably all seen, which is simply a dry erase board! I suppose the point of this craft is that you can make it for really cheap. I decided I would rather have a prettier frame and spent a bit more money, but this is a great project because you decide how much you want to spend.



The second is a paint chip dry erase calendar! I was inspired by a flip chart paint chip calendar, but I thought it would be better as a dry erase board that you could re-use. I'm not going to lie, this is the same frame, I simply switched out the "picture." I was doing a third project though, and my budget liked the double-purpose frame idea better. They sell this frame at Michael's in a size smaller though, so I might get that at some point so I can have a dry erase board and a dry erase calendar - at the same time. Haha.
does anybody know how to flip this picture around? for some reason Blogger decided it needed to be vertical.

Do you recognize a problem? Yeah, you're writing on top of glass, so of course it's going to look blurry and not show up very well. I figured that would happen. SO cute but not super practical. Also, I need to buy some bolder markers and see if they show up better on the darker colors.

What's my third project, you ask? Can't show you yet! It's a gift. Maybe one day :)

2 comments:

  1. clever idea sydni!! you are so creative..
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED one of these cute calendars!

    ReplyDelete