October 28, 2011

Good Things Coming!

There are so many good things coming out soon!! Just in the past few days I've found seen previews or pre-orders for various media that make me so excited!! I thought about just adding this to the post about Michael Buble's new Christmas album, but I decided to leave that one separate because it's so good! So, what's coming up??

The Lorax movie
(made by producers of Despicable Me)
Can't express how much potential there is for this movie!! I LOVE the Lorax. We watched the movie in APES (AP Environmental Science) in high school and I just loved it. I am so pro environment. I used to be OBSESSED. A definite tree-hugger and animal-saver. I mentioned this in a previous post, but a few weeks ago I was going through all my childhood notebooks and school papers to clean out and consolidate, and I would just laugh because over and over again I would find writings about saving the environment! I was such an activist, even at age 5 or 10. So anyways, love the environment. And, Despicable Me is hands down my favorite kid's movie that's come out in recent years. I love Up and Walle but Despicable Me I don't think I'll ever get sick of. So, lot's of potential. I hope it's awesome!! (Also, I like how trippy this picture is! Haha) Watch the trailer here.


This Warm December - a Brushfire records holiday album 
Jack Johnson + Christmas. Could there BE anything better?? (said in Chandler's voice.) Finally - a combination of two of my favorite things. I can't wait to download Jack's single (In the Morning) and think about Hawaii on Christmas day! I listened to the preview here and think it sounds great. Very encouraging since I haven't been such a big fan of a lot of his recent stuff. Unfortunately the album isn't entirely Jack Johnson (I wish it was), but it does have a lot of other beach-chill artists like Zach Gill, Matt Costa, ALO, and G.Love. Should be good-listenin. View the album here. (Note: this is actually the second album! Apparently they also made on in 2008...I need to check that out!)


Phish 2012 Calendar
This is wonderful news to me because two years ago, when I was in Venezuela, I saw the calendar on Phish's website. I had to order everything online that I wanted to buy for Whit for Christmas because he would already be there when I got to the US. I thought this would be such a great gift for him because each month would have a different picture from that year's tours! Whit had been to a decent number of shows too, so I'm sure a few would be on there that he was at. One of Whit's favorite things about Phish shows is the lights, so I know he would think the pictures were really cool. So I planned on buying the calendar. Then, when I went to buy it, mysteriously it was gone! I searched online for it and there was no record of a Phish calendar anywhere. CRAZY! So when I saw this yesterday I immediately purchased it! (I think I figured out what had happened - right now it's on pre-order, so a couple years ago it must have sold out after the pre-order and not gone on sale again.) Whit doesn't have any use for a calendar now that he has a smart phone, so I'll get it! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment