October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

You know, normally I don't post recipes on my blog. I think blogs have so much more potential than for just posting recipes. I mean, it's nice to find a new recipe every now and then, but for me reading recipes is usually just pretty boring. However, this recipe is too good not to share! This is my new favorite fall snack. I recommend making these as soon as possible so you realize how good they are and can make many more before fall ends! Nancy made these earlier this month, and we have a few get-togethers coming up that hopefully these will last for. :) So, bake away! Just be prepared to be addicted!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

2 cups flour

1 cup quick oats, uncooked

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup pumpkin

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 375.

Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.

Cream butter. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.

Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.*

Combine in a 9x13 pan. Bake for about 30 minutes. (They will be very crumbly.)


Note: Don't forget to add the chocolate chips, like I did. You'll have to pull them out of the oven 12 minutes in and swirl the chips around before it's too late! 

P.S. Sorry the way that everything is spaced out! I hate that too. It happened when I tried to change the way the picture was on the screen, and now there's no going back. Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment