October 25, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch & False Advertising

On Saturday Whit and I drove to Lynchburg to spend the day with my brother and his wife. It was so fun to hang out with them! They just got married this summer, and I feel so blessed to have family in the same stage of life who we're friends with and really like! We played monopoly at McDonald's, went to the pumpkin patch, stuffed ourselves at Five Guys, and then carved animals into our pumpkins. 

Of course we checked out the petting zoo. 



There was a play area for kids that was made from corn instead of sand or mulch! GREAT idea!!
Then it was the time for the maze. I'm so glad we got to do this because I've been wanting to do a maize maze ever since I went in middle school! It wasn't as great as I was expecting though, because I was of no help - I wasn't really paying attention to where we were going. Oh well. 



The map of the maze.

The whole time we were in the maze we could smell funnel cake sooo we had to get some!

Fried Oreos - DEEEE-LISH

The search for the perfect pumpkin.

Unfortunately, once we got home we found out the pumpkin patch's big secret. Evan's pumpkin had a price sticker not-quite-peeled-off. We remembered seeing all of these big cardboard bins around the area with the pumpkins and realized that it was a hoax! Our pumpkins didn't come from this patch - they were imported from another store! Bah! No wonder there were so many good looking pumpkins...




Our pumpkin!

The final product - a sloth and a penguin.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha sydni! i love your sloth pumpkin...it's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Pretty pictures at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete