October 6, 2011

A Few Things

Sorry for the last of posts recently! Last weekend was the most relaxing time I've had in awhile, and since then life has been pretty uneventful. So that means you get a post about various random things about which I don't have enough to say for them to deserve their own post.

-Like I said, last weekend was so relaxing. I don't even know what I did Friday! I think it included shopping. Saturday was the perfect segue into fall. Friday was warm, which made me happy, and then Saturday was one of those beautiful fall days for which God created a little town known as Blacksburg, from whence comes a football team so great it turns non-sports fans into football watchers. In the afternoon we caught the matinee of Courageous. It was funny and motivating and was pretty good for being a Christian film that lacked a Hollywood-sized budget. Then it was time to support my Hokies again! After two years of not watching any of their games...whoops, don't tell anyone! Whit's parents took us to Bdubs and then we watched the second half at home with our pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and bean dip. The game sucked, but I paid attention and enjoyed watching it. 

-Last night we watched Thor. Whit wanted to watch it, but I couldn't figure out what it was about until we started watching it. To help you, it's about a god who gets banished to earth because of his pride/foolishness, all in comic book fashion. It was a good pick for Whit since I enjoyed it too. My favorite thing was that they created a whole city where the gods lived. I miss watching movies that have creative, other-worldly scenes! (like Avatar!) It actually looked kind of Biblical - the gates to the city were HUGE, and this bridge looked gold but when they walked on it glittered like multicolored gems. When I woke up this morning I was reminded how blessed we are that we know the truth - that beyond this world lies a perfect, everlasting world that we get the privilege of living in forever! 

-Along those lines, I have been extra thirsty lately because the tap water here has sand in it. I drink a lot of water during the day, but I have to go all the way downstairs and it takes a while to fill it up from the fridge, so sometimes I just resort to drinking out of the bathroom sink. It's easier to not complain about it after living in Venezuela where if we ran out of water when the power was out, there was no way to get more. However, it's water that makes you thirsty again! It doesn't satisfy. It's a great reminder that Jesus is the living water, and His well satisfies eternally.

-I found my Vince Guaraldi book of Christmas music for piano! It was the one thing I lost in all of our moves. It's the most motivating thing for me to play on piano. I love love love Vince Guaraldi, and I love playing Christmas songs on the piano. 

-We have 50% of our support!!! Praise the Lord! I have felt so blessed lately seeing God's provision for us.

1 comment:

  1. wow sydni, congrats on the 50%! god is so faithful. loved hearing what you're being reminded of as well :)

    ReplyDelete