October 1, 2011

Hello October, Welcome Fall!

Yes, I did say "welcome" fall. I have been so annoyed with everyone being all "woohoo it's so cold outside, let's drink a pumpkin latte and be excited about fall!" If that's you, it's nothing personal, it just seems like an attack on summer, which I feel personally connected with. Hah. The reason I was annoyed was because WINTER sprung up on us so quickly!!! Well, to me it felt like winter. I was having such a beautiful summer week, sunny with a high of 95 and the next day the high was SIXTY-FIVE. I thought my life (well, my summer life) was over. And there everyone was cheering on the cold weather! Why would you do that?? I don't understand why anyone would want it to be cold outside. If you recall, that's why I lived in Venezuela - I had one precious year of summer every single day. :) Anyways, I was upset that it felt like fall while it was still summer. That was just not okay. But now that it's October, I am ready to be excited about fall! I spent forever at Michael's yesterday looking at all the holiday stuff. Could NOT believe they had Christmas stuff out - in September!! But I had fun looking at it nonetheless. October to me means it's the start of the holiday season! We can go to pumpkin patches getting ready for Halloween, start putting out decorations and burning deliciously scented candles, and in one month I can start listening to Christmas music!! So hello October, I'm finally ready for fall! (Minus the sore throat I'm getting because of the change in weather.)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely relate to loving summer! Fall can be fun too, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find pumpkin spice lattes and leaves changing color this year :/ BUT it's still feels like summer here, so I have a bit longer to figure out what is fall-ish here!

    ReplyDelete