January 3, 2012

2011

I liked reading other people's posts like these, so if you like reading them too, here is my 2011 list.

Travel:
-Drove cross-country from Baltimore, MD to Fort Collins, CO visited 6 new states along the way (Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas, Missouri)
-Went to NYC for the first time
-Went to New Jersey for the first time
-Took our first regular vacation married (after honeymoon) to Saint Marys, GA
-Had our first weekend getaway (for our anniversary Richmond)

Events:
-Saw 7 Phish shows Holmdel, NJ; Columbia, MD; Camden, NJ; NY, NY
-Attended 9 weddings in 7 cities
-Saw Brian Regan & Cirque du Soleil
-Went to BG Christmas Town & Kings Dominion
-Hiked three trails in the Rocky Mountains

Learned:
-Survived and learned to rely on the Lord during a trip where I felt more unsafe that I had ever felt before in my life (spring break trip to Charleston, WV)
-Learned that I can run if I try trained for a 5k
-Learned how to manage and spend our money wisely (Dave Ramsey: Financial Peace & Matt Bell: Money Purpose Joy)
-Bought my first interchangeable lens camera & learned about photography & how to shoot manually
-Learned to play chess

Work:
-Interned at Virginia Tech
-Decided to join staff and work at the regional office
-Joined staff & started raising support
-Got to 74 percent of our support raised

Accomplishments:
-Finished the longest book I’ve ever read besides the Bible (Count of Monte Cristo)
-Completed three seminary classes (New Testament Survey, Bible Study Methods, & Intro to Christian Theology)
-Became an aunt and uncle for the first time! (I am including Whit in this one if you couldn't tell, haha)
-Baked a pie & tart for the first time
-Made whipped cream from scratch (it was delicious!)

Other:
-Realized that my favorite instrument is the bass
-Swam again, albeit for only a few times
-Started playing piano again
-Read fiction on my own for the first time in many years
-Enjoyed our first full year married!

Praise the Lord for all that He helped me do, all credit and thanks for a great year go to Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment