January 6, 2012

New Year, New Resolutions

I was debating whether to post this or not, but I figured I might as well. It's easier to accomplish goals after clearly laying them out. When I started thinking about my "resolutions" for 2012, it ended up being more of trends of who I want to be and what I want my life to look like. So below are the things I want to work towards, not necessarily change, but at least work on or continue doing. I think 2012 will be a great year. It just sounds like it will be. :) I am also appreciating my life more and realizing how blessed I am, and trying to be thankful for everything God has given me.

Here's what I want this year to look like:
Better attitude - about marriage (work hard on focusing on Whit instead of myself, patience, respect, be sacrificial, listen well) and about life (be THANKFUL instead of complaining, don't get stressed out! there's no need to worry or be angry)
Live a worthwhile life - aka be productive and not waste so much time on the internet or sleeping (continue to pursue hobbies - photography, reading, and blogging, and pursue ones I'm not currently trying hard at - music, learning languages)
Grow spiritually - I feel like I've just been doing the minimum. My relationship with God certainly exists, but it's not always awesome (daily quiet time, PRAY daily, journal thoughts/prayers, make an effort to give myself to the Spirit and change)
Becoming an adult - I'm feeling more confident in my adulthood as I enter my second year of marriage (being a loving wife, being responsible, eating healthy, taking more risks in fashion to look more age and style appropriate)
Being healthy - exercise, stretch, eat healthy, take vitamins, etc.

And some other practical things I want to see happen this year:
Finish raising support!! Party!
Travel - vacation and weddings
See Phish - hopefully at Hampton or a festival
Get a sweet apartment that Whit and I both love
Read (aka finish) about 1 book per month - including fiction, spiritual, investing, and politics/environment

No comments:

Post a Comment