January 20, 2012

Awesome Organics

Here are some organic food finds that I have been enjoying lately. I recommend them all!

1. Almond Breeze almond milk
 Why? I've become a little lactose intolerant in my old age. Ice cream, remember, my bffl? Now makes me wake up in the middle of the night with heart burn. BETRAYAL! Anyways, this milk doesn't upset my stomach. It tastes different than regular milk, but isn't bad for the post-cereal results. There are certain cereals I have found it to not mesh well with, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It tastes pretty good with Honey Nut Cheerios though. 

2. Fruitabu strawberry fruit roll-ups
Why? I mentioned this in a recent post. I LOVE snacks, especially unhealthy kiddie ones like fruit snacks and Chewy granola bars. This healthy version of a fruit roll-up brings me back to middle school days, while providing a half serving of fruit. And I love the little monkey on the package!

3. Yo-Greek yogurt
Why? Greek yogurt is healthier than traditional yogurt. Flavored yogurt is LOADED with sugar. The problem? Most Greek yogurt has just as much, if not more, sugar as my usual yogurt (Yoplait light), but plain Greek yogurt is disgusting. Thus Yo-Greek is the perfect find, solving all my yogurt dilemmas! It's flavored Greek yogurt that tastes great and has about half as much sugar as most other flavored yogurts! (Also, it gets serious points for having enough granola for the entire container of yogurt.) Find it in the organic aisle at Kroger.

4. Coco Pop
Why? I actually don't even know if this is organic, but it's weird so it seems comfortable with the rest of this list. Coco Pop is an interesting rice/grain disc that flies like a frisbee and snaps like a cracker. In flavor and texture it's pretty similar to a rice cake, but don't be turned off, it tastes great! And at like ten calories a pop it's the perfect snack for when you want to munch on something while you're watching TV. Try Moon Pop, the cinnamon flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment