November 10, 2011

Anniversary Design

Pinterest has certainly inspired me to be more creative lately. It sparks my mental energies! (What am I, an elementary school art teacher? Please excuse that last strange sentence.) I like it though, because it gives me something to work on that isn't researching vacation spots, housing for next year, or making an album on Shutterfly. 

I was thinking it would be fun to have something from each year of our marriage to look back on, to see how our lives were at the time. I came up with a bunch of questions that would be consistent, fun things to know about our lives that we could answer each year. Call it a Life Assessment. What did you do during the year, what is your life like now, where do you want to go? 

The original idea was to make a cute graphic chart with space to answer each question, without having the actual question written down because a picture would illustrate it. It looked cute on paper, but my graphic art skills are zero. I haven't ever done anything graphic artsy, except for the occasional random picture on paint. See? This is what I came up with:

I figured it would still be fun to fill out though, and I already made it so what the heck. Then I found this fun graphic design poster someone had made for their friends to display at their wedding, so I used that for inspiration to create this poster, using the answers from our questions!

I'm planning to repeat this each year, because we had a lot of fun talking about our year! Maybe we'll print out the graphic chart again, and I can make another text page afterwards. 

I'm excited to get this printed and framed with the picture(s) we took for our anniversary! I can't wait to have a house to hang it in. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea, Sydni!
    congrats on a new start in Philadelphia!

    ReplyDelete