November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Highlights

- Standing out in the cold for half an hour, trying to bear the wind with only a t-shirt and cardigan, to shop the J.Crew factory clearance (It was worth it! I found a bathing suit for Whit that I wanted to buy there previously...and it was only THREE dollars!!)

- Had Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner with my family in Lynchburg (including Nathan, our other brother)
- Spent the night at Evan & Courtney's & played lots of Play Nine

- 48 people at my cousin Julie's house for Thanksgiving lunch (in Roanoke with my mom's side of the family)

- Baked my first tart! Chocolate pecan...it was a success :)

- Drove for about 12 hours total between Richmond, Lynchburg, Roanoke, and Nags Head

- Saw The Muppets (I definitely recommend it! I hadn't heard "The Rainbow Connection" since I was 5 years old listening to it in bed before I went to sleep...it was so sweet to hear it again :))
- Shopped Black Friday midnight sales (When we got back to Richmond at 1:30am Friday morning there was STILL a line at Best Buy!)

- Saw ALMOST all of Whit's extended family in Nags Head

- Finally went to see the sand dunes!

- The Hokies creamed UVA! As it should be ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I love the family photo!

    ReplyDelete