November 30, 2011

Movie Review: Fantastic Mr. Fox



Fantastic Mr. Fox truly is a fantastic movie. I picked it up on Black Friday from the $4 bin at Target, intrigued by the cast and Roald Dahl’s name on the cover. Despite not hearing anything about it beforehand, it turned out to be one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long time. With an original film-making style and a solid cast, this PG, animated film breaks new waves in uncharted movie genre territory. It is strange, hilarious, and surprising. Yet it’s pulled together with well-developed characters that you fall in love with through their curious human-critter mannerisms and dialogue, and a storyline that carries consistent themes and supplies a resolute ending. 

I want to watch this movie again not only because the filming style won’t phase me as much since I’m more familiar with it now, but also to reap the benefits of the jokes and plot-line again, and especially to note once more all the quirky faces that are made off-side. The characters, lines, and gestures are entertaining throughout, which is much more than I can say for most movies which I re-watch simply because I have no other good options. If you need someone to watch it with, I would love to show it to a group of people – it would be just as enjoyable to listen to everyone’s reactions to the uniqueness of this innovation.

Score: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment