November 6, 2011

One Year

Today is our anniversary!! Last year today we were getting married!! I seriously can't believe it's been one year. We dated for almost 4 years before getting married, and I loved all of our time together dating, but being married has been SO great! Most of our memories together are from when we were dating, because there are simply more of them, but it's hard to believe we weren't just always married. 

I would say we knew each other pretty well before tying the knot, but now I feel like we know each other SO much better. He's still Whit, he's just...more Whit. I knew he was neat, but I didn't know he NEVER leaves a dish sitting out after he eats. I knew he played video games, but I didn't know how much how much I would hear about Skyrim coming out. I knew he was funny, but I didn't know we could be so silly together.

Before our wedding day, I couldn't FATHOM what it was like to be married. I just had no. idea. what it would be like. I found out it was just like normal life, but I get to spend every day with my best friend. It's hard to fight the mentality that my life is the same though, because now I am called to love Whit and respect him, submit to him, and love to his interests. It's certainly been a challenge to depend on the Lord for strength to do what would make Whit happy and not what I want, but it's a high calling and I'm excited about the way God is going to make us holier throughout the rest of our lives. 

Here's to my best friend and lover! It's been a wonderful year and we've been all over the place! We lived in the cutest duplex in Blacksburg, spent the summer in a dorm room in Colorado, and the rest of the time in our parents' houses. We went to 9 weddings, 5 Phish shows, and saw 2 shows (Brian Regan & Cirque du Soleil). We vacationed in Jamaica, Georgia, and got to hike the Rocky Mountains. It's also been so much fun to do little things together - eating lunch, playing Boom Blox Bash and Mario Brothers on Wii, watching Friends and Flight of the Conchords, making mixed drinks, buying french fries at BDubs, and listening to Tweezer. I can't wait for many more years together!

Enjoy some pictures from our wedding day!
details
married!
first dance
friends from high school
friends from college
glow sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment