November 11, 2011

Classical Woodland Christmas Tree Theme

I was browsing Target today on my day off, just taking in all the things they recently put out for Christmas. I saw this lovely rattan star and got a great idea for a Christmas tree!

Last year we just had all my old childhood ornaments. I love them, but I think our family needs a tree that doesn't have plastic Sesame Street characters! Sadly, this year we won't get our own Christmas tree, but it is kind of nice that I'm not obligated to buy any ornaments before Christmas, and after the holidays I can buy everything I want on sale!

I'm the kind of person who likes to buy one of every random thing I see that I like, and it's fun that way, but doesn't look very coordinated. I'm trying to get better about that! Whit would love a beautifully decorated tree, so I wanted to come up with someone that he will think looks good! 

I call the theme Classical Woodland (it's fun to name it). It will have rattan ornaments, solid red decorations (like a garland), and sparkly silver ball ornaments. This way it will have all the classic Christmas colors, with not much distraction. Of course, the green will be the tree itself! I was just going to call it the classic woodland tree, because I think this idea will last for a long time without getting old (the woodland comes from the homey feeling it will remind you of). However, there are two other ideas I want to incorporate! One from Pottery Barn, and one from Pinterest. They both involve Christmas sheet music! Thus, the Classical Woodland tree.

Here's the inspiration board! Come quickly, next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment