November 16, 2011

Thankful for Rain

Is there a better way to wake up than to the calming sound of rain outside your window? Correction - is there a more lazy, snuggly way to wake up than to the calming sound of rain outside of what would otherwise be a too-bright-for-morning-eyes window? It makes me want to sleep in and pretend like it's the weekend. ;)


I'm thankful that God nourishes the earth with rain. It's wet and cold and sometimes dreary, but it causes the fruit of the land to grow and quenches the mouth of the thirsty. In the midst of rain in our lives we can look to a glorious mighty God who is working for us.



May my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, like gentle rain upon the tender grass, and like showers upon the herb. - Deut. 32:2

They waited for me as for the rain, and they opened their mouths as for the spring rain. - Job 29:23

The LORD will open to you his good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands. And you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. - Deut. 28:12


Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout; I the LORD have created it. - Isaiah 45:8


For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:10-11

2 comments:

  1. Sydni- every time I catch myself thinking about how much I like rainy days I think of you. :)
    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydni - Thanks for the beauty of words about rain! Also, thanks for helping others drink from the fountain of water that never will run dry!!
    Love you,
    Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete