November 3, 2011

Post-Halloween Finds

We were out running errands yesterday and realized that it was two days after Halloween! Which meant...we needed to run to Target to see if we could get some Halloween candy on sale! We didn't find any candy, but we got a few others things I'm pretty excited about. 

The first is this awesome lighted pumpkin. I always saw these in the fall and similar trees at Christmastime and loved them! Last year I really wanted to buy one but they were so expensive. I tried so hard not to buy any, and fortunately maintained self-control. My reward was finding a great medium pumpkin on sale when the season was over! It wasn't lighted but it was just as cute. Later randomly I found a small pumpkin at the Y for ONE dollar!! I love having self-control. :) 
So when I saw this one which had lights (!!) and was half off, and was a different size than my other ones, I knew it was meant to be! Next year when the other ones are out of storage I can set them all up together. I'm trying to get better about spending more money on things that go together instead of just buying one small thing here and there that I like but nothing ends up matching.

Isn't it cozy? Whit keeps telling me how much he likes it! ;) 


Okay, the other thing is...

this incredibly fantastic squirrel costume!!!! It's for a pet. Probably meant for a dog, but we fully intend to try to make our cat wear it. As soon as I saw it I absolutely knew I had to buy it. All the pet costumes were 50% off. I wanted to buy some other ones that were really funny, too, like a headless horseman rider (a cape with a little person that sits on top of the dog to make it look like it's riding him!) and a banana. I love Target. 
It's holding an acorn

and has a big fluffy tail!
Buying this made our day so much brighter when the lady checking us out kept calling other employees to find the item number since the tag was missing on ours. They couldn't find it, so she kept having to say over and over again, "It's a squirrel costume. For a dog. It's holding a nut." Once we told her we wanted to put it on our cat she was like seriously, please take a picture of that and come find me, here are my work hours. If we already had our cat I would definitely try to go back and show her pictures of the experience hahah. (Unfortunately, she wasn't very focused and rang up two boxes of oreos instead of one, so it didn't really matter that we got them on sale. She also rang up 11 little bucket things when we actually only bought 10. Come on now. Well at least we got good deals on the other stuff we bought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment