December 10, 2011

10th Day of Christmas: Christmas Town!

Yesterday Whit and I had the most Christmas-y date ever - Christmas Town! Busch Gardens had most of the park open and decorated with 5 million lights (not an exaggeration). They had hundreds of Christmas trees set up all over the park. I was impressed because they were really nice trees that you could smell from the walkways, covered completely in lights (they didn't skimp at all). We had sooo much fun wandering around the park mesmerized by the twinkling lights drinking peppermint hot chocolate and learning how Christmas traditions came about that matched up with different countries in each section of the park. We even got to ride a few rides! (Alpengeist, the battering ram, and the chair lift.)

I am so thankful that right before we left my new lens came in the mail!! Well, the adapter came - I had gotten the lens the day before, but since you can't use it without the adapter, I am so glad the adapter came just in time!! I'll do a separate post on the lens, but it has a maximum aperture of 1.8 which was perfect for photographing the Christmas lights with beautiful bokeh! Yes I will write more than that later... :)

clock tower
Whit with all the blue trees

Escape from Pompeii was our favorite. The floor was covered in those blue lights...very mesmerizing


Whit had always wanted to hang out in the Festhaus
Add caption
reading about the tradition behind the Tannenbaum
watching the show in Festhaus


I know nothing's really the subject of this photo, but I LOVE it because of the colors
Frosty in France!
it was snowing at the North Pole!! they used soap bubbles so we really felt like it was snowing!

taking a hot cider break in the Irish pub
I saved the best for last - this might be one of my favorite photos I've ever taken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment