December 14, 2011

14th Day of Christmas: Candy Cane Cake Balls

Christmas is getting close now! What better way to celebrate than by driving around looking at lights with your hubby, and then watching a Christmas movie eating some delectable peppermint treats?? I saw a picture of something that looked like these on Pinterest awhile ago and decided that they were peppermint cake balls, and that I would make them this Christmas. To aid me in the process, I found candy cane melting chocolate pieces at Michael's. It was harder to melt than just plain chocolate, it got kind of globby, but they turned out just fine. 

Candy Cane Cake Balls
Ingredients:
White cake mix + the other things the recipe requires
White frosting
Candy cane chocolate coating, or dark peppermint chocolate coating (the bag I used was almost impossible to melt)
Candy cane pieces to sprinkle on top

Recipe: here

I have had a lot of cake ball variations, and this is by far my favorite!! If you love cake balls and peppermint, you will love these! Just try really hard not to eat the cake before you make them, the end result is worth it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment