December 12, 2011

12th Day of Christmas: Sheet Music Christmas Tree

This project was made with my Classical Woodland Christmas tree in mind. We don't have our own tree this year, but it was fun coming up with something we can use when we have one next year. It was good to get a taste of having our own home again, and gave me something to do for this year since I didn't have a whole apartment to decorate. I love playing Christmas music on the piano, and when I found pretty, free piano Christmas music on Pinterest, I knew what I wanted to do! A couple things I had seen at Pottery Barn and on Pinterest inspired me, and I will be so excited to combine them next year to decorate our tree with lovely sheet music! I would also like to make a banner out of these, but don't have anywhere to put it yet. Next year we'll hopefully have a mantle so if there aren't any other competing ideas that is what I will use!
Strips of sheet music in a glass ball ornament
Mini Christmas sheet musics to decorate the tree
Combined
One more pretty picture!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... just made these for the music and cello teacher of my son. One question though. How did you get the spirals so "unrolled" inside the ornaments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amy! that is a great gift idea! to make them i simply printed sheet music on cardstock, cut them into small (1 centimeter wide) strips, and then twisted them around a pencil to make them spiral. i didn't need to use the whole page of music - i stopped when i got the amount of curls i wanted. they were just as "unrolled" before i put them in the ornaments, so that is how they could spread out so much when i put them in. i think using cardstock is the key!

    ReplyDelete