December 6, 2011

6th Day of Christmas: Cards, Cards, Cards

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas with every Christmas card I write." How true these lyrics were for me yesterday & today! I changed my background to something wintery instead of fall-y, and the snow scenery made me feel like it had actually snowed outside! It FINALLY started to feel like Christmas & winter, even though it was almost 70 degrees outside yesterday. 
You may be wondering why the heck we have so many Christmas cards, but let me tell you: that is not even all of them!! I kept thinking of Seinfeld as I started licking my way through 200 envelopes - am I going to die like George's finacee?? Fortunately my husband came to my rescue and we survived the licking minus a slight paper cut on Whit's end. Turns out there's a price to pay for rushing. (Oh yeah, we are sending cards to everyone that gets our prayer letter, plus other friends, so that is why we have so many!) 

One sad note about these cards - I got them BEFORE Thanksgiving and am just now sending them out. Why I kept leaving them there instead of getting them out early like I planned is a question I don't do know the answer to. Procrastination. I try to evade it but it always creeps in somewhere! This year's culprit - the cards. Better on-time than never.

1 comment: